Numerical modelling of inundation generated by river floods, and definition of hazard maps, also in urban environments.
Using both 1D and 2D numerical scheme we are able to
- Create accurate flood inundation maps
- Tsunami simulation
- Definition of flood risk assessments
- Analyze the impact of river infrastructures, and proving solution for their optimal managements
- Increase the resilience and the preparedness by developing emergency planning based on high – resolution simulations
- Maximize the efficiency of flood control reservoir.
Numerical simulation of the flood induced by a levee breach on the Secchia river, Modena (Italy) 19th – 21st January 2014.
Numerical simulation by the Shallow Water SPH code SWE-SHysics of the 1993, Okushiri Tsunami.
Numerical simulations of floods induced by levee breaches on the Po river, analysis of hypothetical scenarios.